Huwebes, Abril 14, 2011

2009 New Face, and Old Faces

6:57 PM
4/14/2011


You know that sudden hot rush when your feet settles on the mat? And that armor on you body starts to weigh a ton even though you've been using it for years now? Then, the referee starts checking your guard as your opponent makes that glance of kill. And you shrugged in that fear of yours. 


The next thing you see is your opponent on the ground as the referee raises your hand for victory.


One of the best feelings I ever experienced.


And I will experience it again, because I'm going back to my game.


And after that you wait in vain once more for your named to be called for the next match.


Which totally reminds me of this someone. A girl named Janine Roque, still remember her name. She was a girl from Miriam College, school for rich girls, lesbians, smart girls, and sluts. Hard to talk to her in English though, she was the first person I talked to when I first entered the Ninoy Aquino Stadium. She's more normal than I thought, escaped the fact that she haven't rode public vehicles. When this woman, I could still remember, a black, slender, curly haired woman that looked like she was in her college years started calling out names of the following matches. " ----- on Blue armor and ----- on Red armor"  I could still recall her saying. And when there were a few papers left. Janine and I still wasn't called, at the last paper, we were called.


"Salinas on Blue armor Versus Janine Roque on Red armor" 


Normally, no one could pronounce my name properly. But yeah, we ended up fighting each other. I actually won. 


Then the slender college woman called out names once more. Until my 5th and last match, I could still evoke her saying "Dito ka pa? Panalo ka pa?" and she smiled at me. That was my last call, it was the finals. I was the last match for the 5 ft games, because it was according to age and height. I lost my last match against a red belter, she was as fat as me, and if I just kicked harder and faster and better, I would have won the gold medal, but instead I get a silver. That's okay it was only my second tournament. I could live with it.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento